ZiuZ builds products containing visual intelligence components to (help) solve challenges in social relevant domains. We work in 4 Scrum teams for the business units Forensic, Pharmacy Automation and Medical Imaging creating products using mainly Microsoft technology and frameworks. We are dedicated to provided secure and reliable products to our customers, and we recognize the importance of continuously improving the security of our software applications. To further strengthen our commitment to software security, we are offering an internship opportunity for a Software Security Improvement Intern.
As a Software Security Improvement Intern, you will play a vital role in enhancing the security posture of our existing product. This internship will provide you with valuable hands-on experience in how to solve potential security vulnerabilities, implementing best practices, and contributing to the overall security architecture of our software.
Expected end result
Design, develop and implement machine to machine authentication and authorization in an existing complex multi-service architecture. The following results are expected:
• A threat model of the existing architecture.
• Working M2M authentication developed in C# and implemented in our existing complex multi-service architecture.
• Solution that is manageable in complex environments like an unreachable location such as an on-premise installation in China.
• All applications should adhere to the OWASP Application Security Verification Standard
Task description/internship requirements
What do you do?
• Analyze the software to identify security weaknesses and potential risks and provide an advice and recommendations for improving software security by using the STRIDE methodology.
• Design a solution that matches the expected result.
• Implement adviced improvements in the current product.
• Collaborate with the development team to understand the software architecture, identify potential security risks, and propose mitigation strategies.
• Perform code analysis to identify security weaknesses, code injection vulnerabilities, and potential data leakage points.
• Assist in developing and implementing secure coding guidelines and best practices.
What is expected of you?
• Strong understanding of software development principles, including programming languages such as C# .NET.
• Familiarity with common software vulnerabilities, secure coding practices, and security testing methodologies.
• Knowledge of application security, network protocols, and secure software design principles.
• Experience with security assessment tools, such as static code analyzers, vulnerability scanners, and penetration testing frameworks, is a plus.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail.
• Excellent communication and collaboration abilities, with the capacity to work effectively in a team environment.
• Passion for software security and a desire to learn and grow in the field.
ZiuZ has a standard internship allowance of € 350 per month and a maximum of € 221 travel allowance if applicable.